mikedolbear.com discussion forum

Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

Main Site | Shop | Classifieds | Links | Events | Frappr | Terms of Use

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Ebay gum
 Is this Cheap as a package?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aldrummer Posted - 19/05/2012 : 18:27:15
Hi guys im looking at upgrading from my basic kit to a more proffessional kit and i like the sound of these kits as i tried on in the shop,is this a bargain with everything included at the buy it now price or should i just bid on it,or is it not worth the 750 reserve???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330735338702?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

your opinnion is much appreciated!!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NormanHouse Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:36:49
Just been offered 700 for a mint Gretsch New Classic shell pack - much better kit than this.

Hardcases crop up quite regularly .

20" deep Bass drum in a Hardcase?

Hope you are very strong with a big vehicle. Cheap cymbals are just not worth bothering with.

I've said to many a young Drummist "sell your five own brand cheapies and get two top range Sabian, Zildjian or Paiste".
Jonesy Posted - 20/05/2012 : 10:21:01
I'd want to know precisely what you're bidding on before going for it - e.g. - exactly what stands are included, what brand and range are they. I'm pretty sure the hyperdrive kits have un-drilled bass drums - if you like toms hanging from stands, no problem, but might be something to consider. As for the cymbals that are being 'thrown in' - two of them are cracked and the others are 'well used'. I too think you could do better.
luke3030 Posted - 20/05/2012 : 09:51:01
They want to sell a kit but cant be arsed to take 5 mins to take them out of the cases?!?! "They dont want it to go".... Well they will be happy that they can keep it!
paiste Posted - 20/05/2012 : 01:26:19
quote:
Originally posted by aldrummer

did you ask them the question or something,the woman has just put the sizes up and stated that the kit is in mint condition with no marks on it???? what do you reckon should i go for it?!

No, not me. However I'm sure that there are plenty of people who are thinking the same as me! Firstly they reckon they don't have the time to take the drums out of the cases to take photos: If they want to sell the kit they would find time! Then when asked a question they state that they don't have the room to set it up to take photos. They could quite easily take photos of the kit without setting them up. Either way it makes it look like they don't want to see the kit. It may be that I'm reading far too much into it, but I personally would steer clear of it. Oh and the Zildjians are ZBT's so not worth much at all, especially cracked ones! You could do better for the money
sunshinehead Posted - 19/05/2012 : 19:32:50
You are right of course Luke but but really my point is that it's worth shopping around as if you're going second hand with that kind of money you can do much better than that on ebay. An 'upgrade' from starter to one of those will in my opinion lead to another upgrade in the very near future.
luke3030 Posted - 19/05/2012 : 19:27:32
That genista will soon go up in price.

I reckon the zildjians could be crap as no photos/description.
drummerNick Posted - 19/05/2012 : 19:27:13
I would go and see them before committing a grand to a second hand kit without genuine photos. The broken cymbals thing sets my alarm bells ringing a little. It is also a sad fact but Tama like Mapex, though possibly good drums have a dreadful resale value.
sunshinehead Posted - 19/05/2012 : 19:21:07
I would go for something with a bit more class for that money, forget the cases you can pick them up later. There is lovely big Genista on for a couple of hundred quid less. The Superstar Hyperdive kits just seem really 'faddy' with these sizes. A friend of mine has got one, they are light as a feather, that may be an advantage but I don't really see the point in making an eight lug snare and sticking die cast hoops on it, I'd rather have a ten lugger with pressed hoops. Personal preference I suppose but not a bargain at any stretch.
aldrummer Posted - 19/05/2012 : 18:44:41
did you ask them the question or something,the woman has just put the sizes up and stated that the kit is in mint condition with no marks on it???? what do you reckon should i go for it?!
aldrummer Posted - 19/05/2012 : 18:36:38
why wouldnt you pay more than that for it,they are that new just for the shell package,this has hardcases and the iron cobra pedal,is there something wrong with these kits?
Help me please before i spend my pennies wrongly!!
paiste Posted - 19/05/2012 : 18:35:53
Also depends on what the Zildjians are too! Think they need to put some better pics up! Photos of a hardcase and a library picture of a hyperdrive makes me think they've something to hide. That or they're very lazy and couldn't be bothered to take them out!!
paiste Posted - 19/05/2012 : 18:33:50
To be honest I wouldnt want to pay any more than 750 for it. But that's just me. Great sounding kits though!

mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000