speed cobra spring......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bulbousheed
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  23:49:38  Show Profile  Visit bulbousheed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Tama Speed Cobra is a great pedal and it's the first brand new pedal I've bought in a LONG time (as opposed to buying on ebay or Gumtree), had a happy 6 months gigging with until tonight when the fecking spring broke-about a minute from the end of Disco Inferno, so four-on-the-floor turned into......nothing.
I think I've got a couple of springs lying about so not a problem, unless it feels totally different then I suppose I'll have to see about getting the proper TAMA one, but I am surprised that a "new" pedal would succumb to a breakage in a relatively short space of time, I've owned some pedals for years with not a hint of breakage!

http://www.thewynntownmarshals.com

headfuse
Advanced Contributer

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  05:22:28  Show Profile  Visit headfuse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that. I have never heard that before. Mine is 13 years old. If you get a new spring, you could the silver Tama spring a try. It is harder. I like it quite a lot.

Stefan
Go to Top of Page

hat trick
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2717 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  06:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiosity does your pedal have the coil spring under the footboard?, and if it does did this help in anyway when the main spring broke?
Go to Top of Page

bulbousheed
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  08:49:56  Show Profile  Visit bulbousheed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hat trick

Just out of curiosity does your pedal have the coil spring under the footboard?, and if it does did this help in anyway when the main spring broke?

Nah, the coil spring does'nt work that way, you still need the main spring for the return

http://www.thewynntownmarshals.com

Go to Top of Page

hat trick
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2717 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  06:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course, I think I was having a senile moment when I posted that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000