Request for ignore feature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

demensia
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
3506 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  23:27:42  Show Profile  Visit demensia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Over the last few weeks certain members have been posting new topics and in others topics completely irrelevant and often forum rule breaking posts.
Is there any way to implement some kind of block or ignore feature to stops these people post showing if you choose to block them?

People will argue "just dont read their posts" but when they spam the board with posts day in day out and even post in other people topics about completely different subjects its hard not to see them.

I know some other forums I visit have this feature, but I dont know if its possible to implement it on this particular one

Roland TD9 and a Roland TD3 Midi'd to a Roland UA-25 with Superior drummer 2.0 VST and Reaper on a Acer laptop.
Diamond Electronic Drums 13" snare in Marine Purple, 3x Roland PD-100 purple tom pads, Extra CY12R/C ride,
Mapex Janus Ergo double pedal
Roc 'n Soc throne with backrest
V Expressions

My Spinal Surgery
Protect your hearing!
Photoix: Photography Reviews and Tutorials

beezerk
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
29696 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  08:52:14  Show Profile  Visit beezerk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seconded.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c41/beezerkdrums/
Let's go Eskimo!
Go to Top of Page

MickTheLamb
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
11907 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  12:37:54  Show Profile  Visit MickTheLamb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's 'the forum doesn't have that facility' thing. A bit like avatars etc. More cost and so on for that type of forum.

You're mistaking our bassist for a musician. joeythelambette
Yamaha9000 || MickTheLambMusic ||OPEN MINDS TEAMBUILDING
Go to Top of Page

brianp
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2094 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  13:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thirded
Go to Top of Page

gerard
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
1785 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:13:25  Show Profile  Visit gerard's Homepage  Reply with Quote

don't know about you guys...

but...

i find not clicking on threads the best way to avoid reading them...

Tama Superstar Custom EFX Limited Edition / Yamaha DD-65
UnitedDesignGroup.com / Marlowx.com / NoteToSelfDontDie.co.uk / TheLightOfOtherDays.co.uk / VanGeorge.com
Welcome to Gary 'gaz' Farrimond's England

Go to Top of Page

demensia
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
3506 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  16:03:55  Show Profile  Visit demensia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gerard

don't know about you guys...

but...

i find not clicking on threads the best way to avoid reading them...

People will argue "just dont read their posts" but when they spam the board with posts day in day out and even post in other people topics about completely different subjects its hard not to see them.

Roland TD9 and a Roland TD3 Midi'd to a Roland UA-25 with Superior drummer 2.0 VST and Reaper on a Acer laptop.
Diamond Electronic Drums 13" snare in Marine Purple, 3x Roland PD-100 purple tom pads, Extra CY12R/C ride,
V Expressions

My Spinal Surgery
Protect your hearing!
Go to Top of Page

Gerry McDonnell
Administrator

1204 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  16:54:26  Show Profile  Visit Gerry McDonnell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll look into it. There must be an add-on in the Snitz community somewhere
Go to Top of Page

brianp
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
2094 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  17:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it can be done. A bit of googling found this

http://www.mytherapy.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3735

Its a snitz forum.
Go to Top of Page

averagewaistdude
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
7376 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  17:06:34  Show Profile  Visit averagewaistdude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dont think that is a Snitz boards feature - http://forum.snitz.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=95

OmNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNom

In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

averagewaistdude
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
7376 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  17:16:36  Show Profile  Visit averagewaistdude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoops - I stand corrected - http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=40148

OmNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNom

In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

beezerk
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
29696 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  19:09:27  Show Profile  Visit beezerk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But then no one will speak to me

http://photobucket.com/albums/c41/beezerkdrums/
Let's go Eskimo!
Go to Top of Page

Me2.
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
12584 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2009 :  11:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beezerk

But then no one will speak to me

Now you've seen what I've seen I will.

Re : an Ignore feature. They're pretty pointless aren't they? Because once someone quotes the post of the person you're Ignoring, you get to read his post, anyway!

My Tempus

Go to Top of Page

Th0mas25
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
8453 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2009 :  13:06:54  Show Profile  Visit Th0mas25's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember when the ScottUK debacle spilled over onto the PDF...
"That's it, I'm placing you on lifetime member ignore, I can't see you, you're invisible to me... I have my fingers in my ears, lalalala... etc."
And yet hilariously he still read and responded to every post. So I don't know if these things really work.

http://bjornsdrums.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

ALUK
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  17:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thge only way to do it as a far as I am aware is block the IP range, but this can affect others in that same range....and then the tw*t will only re-register under another name with a different provider.

But, to have it made clear that 'you are not wanted' sometimes works.

AL.
Go to Top of Page

therealting
Advanced Contributer

505 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  22:15:49  Show Profile  Visit therealting's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't wait for this feature. One person is singlehandedly ruining this forum for everybody. I hope he's unaware of how unpleasant he's being, because ignorance is better than sheer selfishness.

therealting.com - facebook music - myspace music
Go to Top of Page

demensia
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
3506 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  22:35:00  Show Profile  Visit demensia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It wont ever happen. Its been brought up before, there are other "members" keep posting all this spam crap about dvd boxsets. Its usually the same name, but dispite several requests the user still hasnt been banned.
Like others have said, if you read someones elses post who hasnt bloked them and has quoted them, you will still see it anyway.

All I can suggest is we start a petition to get certain trouble makers removed. However we already kinda tried that and that topic got shot down in flames and blocked by the moderator... Go figure
Now even some the people who said we should be ashamed of making that topic are starting to realise why we started it.

Dont say we didnt warn you!

V Expressions

My Spinal Surgery
Protect your hearing!
Go to Top of Page

ALUK
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  23:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demensia

It wont ever happen. Its been brought up before, there are other "members" keep posting all this spam crap about dvd boxsets. Its usually the same name, but dispite several requests the user still hasnt been banned.
Like others have said, if you read someones elses post who hasnt bloked them and has quoted them, you will still see it anyway.

All I can suggest is we start a petition to get certain trouble makers removed. However we already kinda tried that and that topic got shot down in flames and blocked by the moderator... Go figure
Now even some the people who said we should be ashamed of making that topic are starting to realise why we started it.

Dont say we didnt warn you!

I'll go along with that.

And some people thought I was bad enough.....I think.

AL.
Go to Top of Page

teethmeister
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
1022 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2010 :  08:50:18  Show Profile  Visit teethmeister's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cheap dvds

thanks for sharing.Welcome to our website.You can find wonderful DVDs.

LOL!

http://www.mattnolancustom.com/
Go to Top of Page

mike dolbear
Administrator

1849 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2010 :  09:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demensia

I thought I had stopped those posts straight away and banned them who are you talking about as I must have missed them?
We cant stop deleting members and then they come back as somebody else which is what happens with the DVD sales guys I wish we could as I dont have the time to keep scrolling through the site to find them
Go to Top of Page

belstaff uk
New Contributer

China
21 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  05:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good article, very inspired, collected, I l will continue to focus on your article

We are specialized in belstaff leather jacket

uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000