Old Fogey's Corner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alanharvey
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
443 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  16:00:58  Show Profile  Visit alanharvey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about a forum section for those members not in the first flush of youth to swap stories about 'the old days' and drummers we used to know? It would be sort of a Darby & Joan club meets Not So Modern Drummer thing. With a dedicated section the old timers wouldn't clutter up the main forum with stuff the youngsters would find boring and might be tempted to contribute more.

If you do it I bet you will get some hilarious anecdotes of doubtful provenance!

I wouldn't use it of course, I'm far too young.

Al

I should have grown out of this by now.

Loadsa gear, not enough time or talent.

Prog
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
21494 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  16:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Prog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personally, I don't see why this would be necessary. If a post isn't interesting to someone, for whatever reason, then they won't read it.

Funktion Junction, coming soon to a holiday park near you - http://www.funktionjunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Soporif
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
7558 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2009 :  17:04:54  Show Profile  Visit Soporif's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Prog - you're missing the point. Surely localising the smell of pi55 to one area of the forum is a GOOD thing.

I'm actually moist with anticipation already.

Oh, hang on.........

| Me Proud Beauties | Somebody Else's Proud Beauties | MeSpace |
Go to Top of Page

thedrumcrew
Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
8941 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  15:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Soporif

Prog - you're missing the point. Surely localising the smell of pi55 to one area of the forum is a GOOD thing.

I'm actually moist with anticipation already.

Oh, hang on.........

Thinking of the future as others close there eyes and hope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI

Memories are some of lifes most wonderful treasures.
Go to Top of Page

walkdvd
New Contributer

6 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  03:55:46  Show Profile  Visit walkdvd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow

The Sopranos Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset

The Wire Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset
Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset
Go to Top of Page

thedrumhead
Advanced Contributer

1381 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  19:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You bring the draughts board and I'll bring the pieces.

quote:
Originally posted by alanharvey

What about a forum section for those members not in the first flush of youth to swap stories about 'the old days' and drummers we used to know? It would be sort of a Darby & Joan club meets Not So Modern Drummer thing. With a dedicated section the old timers wouldn't clutter up the main forum with stuff the youngsters would find boring and might be tempted to contribute more.

If you do it I bet you will get some hilarious anecdotes of doubtful provenance!

Go to Top of Page

jay-on-drums
Active Contributer

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  19:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alanharvey

It would be like a virtual drummers retirement home! All the younger drummers could poke their keyboards into the forum once a month to see what the oldies are moaning about...read the same old threads they read the last time they were there, about how great the drumming world was 'BB' (that is Before Bonham) and how they didn't need 16 toms in their day, two was enough for anybody!

It would be quite interesting to give it a go!!

http://www.drumsites.net/Jay/
Go to Top of Page

lilyran
New Contributer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  09:57:13  Show Profile  Visit lilyran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You bring the draughts board and I'll bring the pieces.

http://www.dvdsetcollection.com/products/Walt-Disney-Classic-DVD-Collection-Edition-Vol-1-5-cartoon-2157.html

lilyran ran
Go to Top of Page

belstaff uk
New Contributer

China
21 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  05:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing, collection, thanks for sharing the hard!!!!! thank you

our company is professional belstaff jackets manufacturer with more than 16 years' experience.

uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
mikedolbear.com discussion forum © 2002/10 mikedolbear.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000